This event was designed to introduce Sydney-siders to The Social Outfit. We wanted to show a small, but *exciting* fraction of what we think is possible if we can establish The Social Outfit – cut from The Social Studio pattern – here in NSW. We also wanted to show how we are trying to work with our talented refugee communities with creativity, strength and fun. It was about a celebration! *Many, many* people and organisations supported the success of this event. Our sincere thanks go to:
- The Social Studio for providing the clothing for our runway show. Clothes on show here have been designed and made by students, trainees and staff at The Social Studio in Melbourne.
- Sindy Dube, from Africa Konnect, for styling the runway show.
- Our *amazing* models: Abuzar, Hawanatu, Holly, Madeleine, Oboya, Susan and Tamika.
- The make up artists, Madehya Siddiqui and Zaria Assal from ‘M’ Hair & Beauty.
- Hayley Hughes, stylist and blogger, for taking photos of the event. See Hayley’s lovely blog and great photos from the event HERE.
- Ross Longmuir from Planet graciously invited us to use his wonderful store for this event. Ross, Stephen and Al also helped with preparations and support on the night.
- Peter and Arthur from Molly Coddle Cafe generously donated the food for the evening.
- Lynne Crighton generously donated the wine, Barking Hedge, for the evening.
- Our volunteer helpers: Bec Lever, Kit Shutt, Lisa Rose and Paul Byron.
- Chloe Wilson from The Social Outfit coordinated the whole event. Darren her partner helped us out too. *Thank You*
- Councillor Jenny Green spoke on the evening on behalf of The City of Sydney Council and Lord Mayor, Clover Moore.
- Chair, David Ajak Ajang and Vice-Chair David Hardie spoke about their own personal connections to The Social Outfit, and why they are working to make it happen.
- The Social Outfit Board members, Meredith Turnbull, Antonia Ruffell and Sarah Chisholm helped with preparation and support on the night.
- William from the Mahjong Room very generously let us rehearse in his restaurant space on the Monday before our event, and on short notice! *Lovely*
- And to all the people that came on the night; we had a lovely time and many encouraged us to keep going! xo
So *Thank You* one and all for all your support and belief in us, and what we are trying achieve at The Social Outfit.
Photos by Hayley Hughes.
Now, like Meredith below, let’s turn all this *fun* from the event into FOCUS for the future!