Jackie Ruddock is the CEO of The Social Outfit.
She has worked professionally within the charity sector for over 12 years, and in the social entrepreneurship sector for over seven years in Australia.
She is a project manager and researcher in the fields of education, health, communications, multiculturalism and sexuality/gender.
Jackie previously held senior management roles at The School for Social Entrepreneurs, FAR Social Enterprise, and Streetwize Communications. She has also worked as a Research Associate at the Journalism and Media Research Centre, University of NSW, at the Twenty10 Association and Family Planning NSW.
Jackie was awarded her Masters of Philosophy in Gender & Cultural Studies in 2011 and holds Honours in Education as well as qualifying as a NSW high school teacher.
- In 2006 Jackie completed the Sydney Leadership Program (Social Leadership Australia).
- In 2013 she was awarded 1 of 4 places on the Vodafone ‘World of Difference’ national scholarship to develop The Social Outfit enterprise for 1 year.
- In 2014-15 she was awarded a scholarship and attended the Meikle Files Black Leadership Program on ‘Peak Performance’.
- In 2015 she was awarded a scholarship and participated in Social Trader’s The Crunch Program.
- In 2017 Jackie is attending Stanford University’s Executive Program in Social Entrepreneurship.
Jackie is regularly asked to speak at events on social entrepreneurship and about The Social Outfit specifically. This includes participating in ‘pitch’ fundraising events, conferences, leadership programs and workshops.
Jackie also has experience writing and publishing peer-reviewed academic journal articles on her previous research work in health and sexuality.